The experienced IRS tax controversy attorneys at Allen Barron offer a depth of experience and legal skill, combined with tax and accounting expertise. The present atmosphere at the IRS elevates the risk of a tax controversy for any taxpayer that interacts with the agency. There is tremendous pressure due to budget and staffing cuts to maximize the amount each IRS officer obtains from every taxpayer they encounter. The attorneys at Allen Barron protect our clients, and hold the IRS accountable to US tax laws, the revenue code and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
A taxpayer should never communicate directly with the IRS. We provide extensive IRS tax controversy services including, but not limited to:
- IRS audit defense
- IRS audit appeals
- Offshore account asset and investment reporting; FBAR compliance
- IRS voluntary disclosure programs (OVDP, Streamlined Application)
- Tax lien, bank levy, wage levy, and garnishment
- IRS income tax collections
- IRS payroll tax issues
- Defending Trust Fund Recovery Penalty cases
- Property seizures
- Defending clients when the IRS or California tax agencies freeze bank accounts
- Misclassification of workers as employees or independent contractors
- Abating penalties and interest
- U.S. Tax Court cases
- California Franchise Tax Board tax problems
- Innocent spouse relief
- Installment Agreements
- IRS Offers in Compromise
- Unfiled tax returns
It is never in your interest to face the IRS or a California tax agency alone. If you have received a notification of an audit, are facing IRS or California tax collections or a garnishment of your wages or bank account (known as a levy) we invite you to call 866-631-3470 for a free and substantive consultation. Learn about the protections of the attorney-client privilege and the importance of limiting the information provided to the IRS or California tax agencies.
Working with the Allen Barron IRS tax controversy team allows us to assume all responsibilities for communicating with the IRS or California tax agencies, providing peace of mind and relief from collections for our clients.