Trusts are powerful estate planning instruments that can help you protect and preserve your assets, provide for your loved ones, give to worthy causes and avoid unnecessary taxes. It is important for trusts to be funded adequately, organized properly and administered responsibly. Our firm can help you make sure your trusts meet your needs and the needs of those you care about.
Some of our clients need to create new trusts. Others need to update their current trusts because: 1) their needs have changed; 2) their existing trusts are missing something important; and/or 3) the law has changed in a way that impacts their trusts.
Working Strategically: Optimizing Current Trusts And Establishing New Trusts
At the law firm of Janathan L. Allen, APC, our lawyers work strategically with an international client base to establish new trusts and refine and update existing trusts. Our estate planning and administration experience allows us to answer even the most complex questions about:
- Portability clause trusts and federal probate code changes that may affect you
- Moving an exemption from one trust to another
- The impact of present and future federal exemptions
- Special needs trusts that benefit loved ones who may have unique lifelong needs
- Disclaimer trusts
- Changes in later-life circumstances that create the need for more income
- Leveraging charitable deductions
- Changes in the value of a property
- Family conflicts that can impact a trust
- Changes in HIPAA laws that can affect a family member’s ability to give permission to doctors
Every situation is different. Our attorneys will be happy to assess your current trusts and evaluate other aspects of your estate plan.
Questions About Updating Your Living Trust? We Offer A Free Consultation.
Contact Janathan L. Allen, APC for a free consultation. We are based in San Diego, California.