There are many companies that need trademark help in San Diego, but unfortunately, many of them don’t even know it. If you own a business, create a product or sell a service, chances are you have developed something that should be trademarked, but it’s just never occurred to you. These are just a few of the things you should consider trademarking if you haven’t already:
- Your Business Name – Even if you have an incredibly unique name for your business, and even if you work in an industry without a lot of competition, it’s important to trademark your company’s name.
- Your Brand Name – Perhaps you have a brand name that differs from your company name. The name of your brand could even be your own name. If you want to keep this name unique to your brand, make sure to trademark it.
- Your Company’s Logo – There’s nothing stopping anyone from stealing the logo your designers worked so hard to come up with if you haven’t bothered to get it trademarked.
- Your Slogan – If you’ve come up with a catchy slogan for your advertisements, marketing and branding efforts, you should trademark it before someone else takes it as their own.
- Your Product or Service – If you offer a unique product or service that no one else has thought of yet, you really should at least find out if you can have it trademarked so you’ll benefit from your invention.
When it comes down to it, trademarks are about making sure credit is given where credit is due. Someone else could always inadvertently give their company, brand or product the same name as yours. Even if they are in a different city and working in a different industry than you and your company, the mix-up could be bad for business (especially when people search for you online). Firms such as Janathan L. Allen, APC are able to provide expert trademark help in San Diego, so individuals, companies and organizations can rest assured that their logo, brand name and slogan are protected. Once you have trademarked one of these pieces of intellectual property, you and your company will have exclusive rights to its use.
Competition is fierce in the world of business, no matter what kind of business you’re in. Registering a trademark with professional help from an experienced firm provides a strong defense against competitors who might otherwise rip off your ideas.
For assistance with your trademark needs or for any legal advice with a trademark, please give us a call at 866-631-3470 to schedule a complimentary, initial consultation with one of our legal professionals.