Updating Your Living Trust
Why should you consider updating your living trust every 2 to 3 years?
Are you updating your living trust every 2 to 3 years? Trusts are powerful estate planning instruments that can help you protect and preserve your assets, provide for your loved ones, give to worthy causes and avoid unnecessary taxes. It is important for trusts to be funded adequately, organized properly and administered responsibly. Our firm can help you make sure your trusts meet your needs and the needs of those you care about.
Working Strategically: Optimizing Current Trusts And Establishing New Trusts
At the law firm of Janathan L. Allen, APC, our lawyers work strategically with an international client base to establish new trusts and refine and update your living trust. Our estate planning and administration experience allows us to answer even the most complex questions about:
- The difference between a revocable trust and an irrevocable trust
- Portability clause trusts and federal probate code changes that may affect you
- Moving an exemption from one trust to another
- The impact of present and future federal exemptions
- Special needs trusts that benefit loved ones who may have unique lifelong needs
- Disclaimer trusts
- Changes in later-life circumstances that create the need for more income
- Leveraging charitable deductions
- Changes in the value of a property
- Family conflicts that can impact a trust
- Changes in HIPAA laws that can affect a family member’s ability to give permission to doctors
Every situation is different. Our attorneys will be happy to assess your current trusts and evaluate other aspects of your estate plan.
Contact Us To Learn More About Allen Barron's Services
Offices of Allen Barron, Inc.
16745 West Bernardo Drive, Suite 260
San Diego, CA 92127
5720 Oberlin Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
333 South Sixth Street, Suite 230
Las Vegas, NV 89101
750 B Street, Suite 2610
San Diego, CA 92101
300 Montgomery Street, Suite 410
San Francisco, CA 94101
40 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004