Corporate Governance and Compliance
Corporate Governance and Compliance Attorneys
What is the importance of corporate governance and compliance in California? Statistics suggest that as many as 95 percent of the businesses started in California today will not exist five years from now. Seemingly small decisions about ownership, financing and regulatory compliance can have a dramatic impact on the future of any company.
Corporate governance and compliance should not be an afterthought for the entrepreneur. They should be taken into account in the planning of any new venture. With the assistance of an experienced business and tax attorney, proper steps can be taken to ensure that your business is set up for success.
Governance and compliance ensures your company and all who work for it are in operating in a legal and ethical manner while complying with all federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances. We also ensure all regular and annual corporate meetings occur and are well documented and submit annual paperwork to California and/or appropriate state authorities.
Planning Your Success: Entity Formation, Governance, Tax And Accounting
At the law firm of Janathan L. Allen, APC, based in San Diego, California, we can advise you regarding all aspects of corporate governance and compliance. Our team of attorneys and business experts can answer questions about:
- How accounting and tax play into any discussion about compliance
- Raising money to start a company
- The “Blue Sky Law” and other state and federal securities laws
- How to bring needed investment into your company without surrendering control or creating securities issues
- Taking a loan or gift from a friend
- The potential difficulties of pulling money out of an individual retirement account (IRA)
- Choosing the right kind of U.S. business structure or foreign entity, and getting it set up correctly
- Getting audited by the IRS as a schedule C filer, which can prove to be highly problematic for some businesses
- Hiring contractors
Our corporate governance and compliance lawyers can help you protect your interests while saving money and avoiding trouble.
Contact Us To Learn More About Allen Barron's Services
Offices of Allen Barron, Inc.
16745 West Bernardo Drive, Suite 260
San Diego, CA 92127
5720 Oberlin Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
333 South Sixth Street, Suite 230
Las Vegas, NV 89101
750 B Street, Suite 2610
San Diego, CA 92101
300 Montgomery Street, Suite 410
San Francisco, CA 94101
40 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004