They say you can’t take it with you: If you have built a successful business, you need a viable succession plan. In essence, you need a plan that will enable your business to withstand the absence of you.
Good business succession planning involves factors commonly associated with estate planning and transactional law. It often concerns complex family dynamics and intergenerational legacies, encompassing emotional components and practical realities. It calls for maturity and experience.
Serving Entrepreneurs And Family-Owned Businesses
At Janathan L. Allen, APC based in the San Diego, California, area, we serve entrepreneurs and closely held businesses that want to move into the future with confidence. Equipped with decades of relevant experience, we can help you find answers to critical questions like:
- What will happen in the event of my death or disability, or the death or disability of my partner(s) or family member(s)?
- Can I sustain my level of personal involvement in the business?
- Do I want to leave my successor with a thriving business or a huge financial problem?
- How can I be mindful (and strategic) about the best interests of my employees, who may be most concerned with the continuity of their paycheck?
- How and when do I transfer my assets to my children or grandchildren?
- How do I determine whether (and if so, when) to sell the business?
- Is a living trust or other estate planning tool useful in my situation?
- What exactly would a business succession planning lawyer do for me?
Business succession is complicated. We can help you understand your options.
Contact Us To Learn More
Seeking a business succession attorney in San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County or elsewhere in Southern California? Contact us to schedule a free initial consultation.
The content of this website has been prepared by Janathan L. Allen, APC for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or tax advice. The content on this website does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship, and readers should not act upon it without the advice of an attorney, tax attorney or legal counsel. Do not rely on published legal and tax law information as a substitute for consultation with an attorney, tax attorney, CPA and/or other professional advisors. Information contained in this website may be considered advertising. Links to websites or web pages operated by third parties are provided solely as a convenience to you. Such linked sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. We make no representation or warranty and assume no liability or responsibility for other websites or web pages and/or their content.